Weight loss...

Yesterday I "got back on the horse" in regards to my weight loss efforts. After two weeks of vacation  - bad eating and no working out - I feel like the task before me is more daunting than ever. I never thought it would be this hard or take this long... After I had my son Elijah - who is now almost 15 months - I thought I could be back to normal in 6 months or at the very least within the first year. Now that both of those goals have passed me by and I am still struggling with the last 15-20lbs, my current goal is to lose at least 15lbs (ideally 20...) before I get pregnant again.  I don't have a lot of time if we still want our kids to be approximately 2yrs apart like we have always wanted.

It has been a challenge, to say the least. I have made progress along the way, but I have also put back on a few pounds that I had lost - that is so discouraging. I know what I need to do, but it is a matter of discipline and consistency. A few months ago I was on a roll, I was motivated, disciplined and consistent for about 2 months and I was seeing results, but then right before Christmas I fell down the stairs and broke my foot! Argh!! I lost all my momentum and was unable to work out for a few months :(

I am done with excuses/set-backs and I am SO ready to see results. Which is partly why I decided to write  about this journey - to expose myself and gain some accountability. I am also hoping that when I am having a moment of weakness - when I really want that late night dessert or that second or third piece of pizza - that I can write instead.

My plan right now: weight watchers & and couch to 5K app (starting Monday). I will also weigh myself on Monday and post the number that the scale reads, no matter how painful or embarrassing that may be for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My (VERY) Imperfect Perfect Life

Remembrance

This Little Boy of Mine