Failing...

God is SO GOOD. I am constantly amazed at His sufficiency when all my best efforts are still insufficient. His promises are true EVERY day, and we can solely rely on Him for ALL that we need.

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”
2 Corinthians 12:9

Many days I feel like I am failing...

Failing to be a good enough wife
Failing to be a good enough mother
Failing to be a faithful and true friend
Failing to consistently reach out to others
Failing to make a big enough difference in this world
Failing to eat healthy enough
Failing to exercise enough
Failing to communicate adequately or honestly
Failing to get all of my "to-do" lists done
Failing to be genuine or real
Failing to follow through with good intentions
Failing to be involved enough

The list could go on...

And the truth is that I do fall short, almost every time. I do fail, over and over. But the beautiful thing is that God covers me each and every time. His grace never runs out or falls short. He loves me through my weakest moments and He gives me the grace and the strength to try again. He is teaching me to rest in Him, to rely on Him. He is reminding me that the only good in me is Him anyway.

It is humbling, but also, incredibly freeing.


But by the grace of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not in vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
1 Corinthians 15:10 

***For another GREAT read check out my friend's post at Messes & Moments

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My (VERY) Imperfect Perfect Life

Remembrance

This Little Boy of Mine