Birthday, Homecoming and Valentine's Day Prep

I am feeling so thankful today. Elijah has been wonderful all day - a welcomed change compared to some earlier moments this week. I spent some quality time with Jesus this morning. I caught up with Downton Abbey - while enjoying tea and chocolate. I made some delicious looking Rosemary Chicken Lasagna to welcome my hubby home - TOMORROW - that is the best news of all, Ethan comes home tomorrow evening - I CAN NOT WAIT!! He has been gone since Saturday night and I have been kind of a mess missing him. At this point, though, I am glad I have until tomorrow evening, because I still have a few more things to prepare for his arrival. 



I was SUPER sick beginning last Thursday evening - I don't know if I have ever been so sick. Not to sound too dramatic, but I thought I might die - haha, but seriously. I was throwing up about every 30min - 1hr for about 12 hours. I didn't know how I could keep throwing up since I was sure there was nothing left to throw up. I also had diarrhea and was up all night - I lost 5lbs - it was pretty awful. However, and thank the Lord, by morning I started to be feel a little better and I was able to keep some liquids down (otherwise I was headed to the Dr.). And as awful as it was, I thank the Lord that I was sickest while Elijah was sleeping so I didn't have to try to care for him at the same time. And again, God's grace was/is sufficient. Sometimes I am so amazed at all the little ways He cares for us.

Anyway, all that to say that on Saturday - Ethan's birthday - I was still recovering and Ethan had to work some so we didn't get to have much of a celebration. Therefore, tomorrow night we have three things to celebrate - Ethan's coming home, a re-do of his birthday, and Valentine's Day! I am quite excited. I already made the dinner, but I plan on having a clean(er) house, making signs, cards, a fancy table and TWO desserts. I am going to make Cake Batter Blondies and Frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Pie - can you say yum!?!


I will try to take some pictures of all these upcoming festivities so I can share them with you all. Aren't you excited? ;)

Oh, and lastly, here are a couple more of the "Sprinkles of Life" that I promised to share with you all:

3) Don't regard (make time for) worthless idols.
  • In this one she mentioned the image of women that magazines, Hollywood, etc portray and how a lot of women can be depressed because they don't measure up. She mentioned that that image is only valuable if we place value on it - if we choose to value such opinions/things/idols. Instead we should value what God values.
  • Jonah 2:8-9 "Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own Mercy. But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord."
4) Don't self promote. Don't exalt yourself. Contrary to popular belief it is not all about you. Let someone else praise you, not your own lips.
  • Proverbs 25:6-7 "Do not exalt yourself in the presence of the king, and do not stand in the place of the great; For it is better that he say to you, “Come up here,” than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, whom your eyes have seen."
  • Proverbs 27:2 "Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips."
Hope you all are having a lovely week so far! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My (VERY) Imperfect Perfect Life

This Little Boy of Mine

Remembrance