Anyway, all that to say that on Saturday - Ethan's birthday - I was still recovering and Ethan had to work some so we didn't get to have much of a celebration. Therefore, tomorrow night we have three things to celebrate - Ethan's coming home, a re-do of his birthday, and Valentine's Day! I am quite excited. I already made the dinner, but I plan on having a clean(er) house, making signs, cards, a fancy table and TWO desserts. I am going to make Cake Batter Blondies and Frozen Reese's Peanut Butter Pie - can you say yum!?!
I will try to take some pictures of all these upcoming festivities so I can share them with you all. Aren't you excited? ;)
Oh, and lastly, here are a couple more of the "Sprinkles of Life" that I promised to share with you all:
3) Don't regard (make time for) worthless idols.
- In this one she mentioned the image of women that magazines, Hollywood, etc portray and how a lot of women can be depressed because they don't measure up. She mentioned that that image is only valuable if we place value on it - if we choose to value such opinions/things/idols. Instead we should value what God values.
- Jonah 2:8-9 "Those who regard worthless idols forsake their own Mercy. But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord."
- Proverbs 25:6-7 "Do not exalt yourself in the presence of the king, and do not stand in the place of the great; For it is better that he say to you, “Come up here,” than that you should be put lower in the presence of the prince, whom your eyes have seen."
- Proverbs 27:2 "Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; A stranger, and not your own lips."