I Desperately Need HIM

"You need Me every moment. Your awareness of your constant need for Me is your greatest strength. Your neediness, properly handled, is a link to My Presence. However, there are pitfalls that you must be on guard against: self-pity, self-preoccupation, giving up. Your inadequacy presents you with a continual choice - deep dependence on Me, or despair. The emptiness you feel within will be filled either with problems or with My Presence. Make Me central in your consciousness by praying continually: simple short prayers flowing out of the present moment. Use My name liberally, to remind you of My Presence. Keep on asking and you will receive, so that your gladness may be full and complete."

I Thessalonians 5:17  - "Pray continually."

John 16:24 (Amp) - "Up to this time you have not asked a (single) thing in My Name (as pertaining to all that I AM); but now ask and keep on asking and you will receive, so that your joy (gladness, delight) may be full and complete."

(from the devotional "Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence" - by Sarah Young)

I read this in my devotional this morning and it spoke to me so powerfully. I truly NEED the Lord EVERY moment. Being aware of this fact can be my greatest strength - WOW! And the pitfalls she mentioned - um, I am pretty sure I fall in to at least one of them, if not all, on a daily basis. By God's grace, I don't stay there, but I want to grow so that I don't go there as often either. Deep dependence on the Lord is not "easy" but it is oh so much better than despair. I want to rely on the Lord, pray continually and walk in His presence at all times. I know this is a life-long journey, but I am so thankful for His continued love and grace, and how He gently and faithfully reminds me of my need for Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My (VERY) Imperfect Perfect Life

Remembrance

I'm Back...